Friday, October 15, 2021

Snakes alive!

These are a few of my snake friends that I've videoed on the land. Before cleaning up the land to make it  passable, this would have not been possible. I have created lots of places for them to seek refuge and hunt prey through the many brush piles scattered throughout the place. By the way, the stick I used with the hognose was not to cause it harm but merely to try to pet it. I was a little apprehensive about petting it with my hands. Just recently, I've seen a few black whip snakes averaging about 4 feet long. Trying to get their picture was next to impossible. If ever the day happens when I can, trust me, I will post it! So far, I've seen no venomous snakes in all the years I've been going out there. But you never know one day...

Hog-nosed snake

Rough Green Snake

Checkered Garter Snake

No comments:

Post a Comment