Thursday, June 6, 2024

Trails ready for the Texas Hill Country summer!

     Summer is here and our network of  trails on top of the hill are ready for hiking and biking or just taking a leisurely stroll. Having a rock rake to smooth out the trails has been a great help. No machinery has been used. Just me, myself and I. This trail takes you to the bottom woodlands.
 
     This area is called Sunset Ridge. Perfect place to watch the beautiful Hill Country summer sunsets and to cool off from the Texas heat under this beautiful live oak tree.

     This is the effigy of the Thunderbird that I created earlier in the year. It looked a little weak so I beefed it up to give it the look of strength.

     Our stargazing area. All of these rocks came from the area surrounding it using my rock rake, a 5 gallon bucket and a wheel barrow. Lots and lots of raking and hauling... 


     This is the last of our trails. NO MORE! I'm in my mid 60's and find that I can't put in 10 hours in one day especially in the heat of the Texas Hill Country summer. 6 hours is my limit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment